We continue to work on chakras this month with the Solar Plexus. If you want to learn about the hear Chakra, click here for last month’s writing.
· Location: In the solar plexus area (upper part of the belly, where your diaphragm rests); it is the third chakra from the bottom in the traditional system counting 7 chakras
· Color: Yellow (higher frequencies of this chakra can turn into golden yellow)
· Element: Fire
Closely connected to the digestive system, especially the gastric and hypogastric plexi, its main function is to help transform matter into energy to fuel your body. It governs metabolism and is commonly associated with the pancreas.
The main function of this energy center is to provide actual momentum to move forward and realize personal desires and intentions in the world. It plays a fundamental role in the development of personal power. It feeds one’s direction in life and the actions taken in order to reach your goals. It influences preoccupations about social status and self-image.
Imbalances in the third chakra can manifest as:
· Excessive control and authority over your environment and people
· Or the opposite in case of deficiency or blocked energy: Feeling of helplessness, irresponsibility
· Being obsessed with minute details, seeing life through a filter of plus and minuses while losing sight of the whole picture
· Being manipulative
· Misusing your power
· Lack of clear direction, lack of purpose or ambition
· Making plans or having a lot of ideas without finding efficient ways to realize them
Balancing the chakra can be done many ways. Here are a few
· Stones of yellow hue are best to use. Crystals such as amber, citrine, golden or honey calcite, yellow sapphire are just a few. Wear or place these crystals on your body as you listen to meditative music or carry them in your pocket.
· The Solar Plexus helps with mental clarity as well as learning new things. Try taking up a new hobby or playing games that stimulate and sharpens your mind. These are excellent ways to keep this chakra open and balanced.
· Consider eating foods that are yellow, such as some squash, yellow bell peppers and lemons. Fruits and vegetables of this color contain antioxidants such as lutein
· Stimulate and balance your solar plexus with full yoga classes